Friday, August 1, 2008

Welcome!

This being the first post, I would like to welcome readers to the Chip Shots Weblog! Here, you'll find plenty of discussion on the CMU football team heading into its 2008 season, from injury updates to game recaps to quick thoughts and more. My hope is that by the time we enter the season and onward that we'll have a quality forum for discussion and debate (as long as it's clean!).

First, I'd like to introduce myself- I am Brian Manzullo, entering my second year as senior football writer for Central Michigan Life. I also am entering senior year at CMU as a journalism major (although I have a feeling it won't be my last year there). Currently, I'm two weeks away from completing my Metro reporting internship at The Saginaw News. Afterwards, I am moving back to CMU and getting back to the swing of things, hopefully inching closer to graduation!

While you'll find plenty of football coverage in CM Life's pages this coming semester, we're going to use this blog for many different purposes, such as breaking updates, opinions, around-the-MAC updates, roundups, mailbags (as long as readers chip in) and anything else that serves a general interest with MAC football. As some of you know, CM Life only publishes three times per week- Monday, Wednesday and Friday- so the idea is to not wait until the next publication if something breaks on a Wednesday afternoon. We'll more than likely have it on cm-life.com or right here on our blog, especially if it's something small, such as an injury update.

Within the next couple days, I will have some coverage on here, albeit a little late, from Tuesday's MAC Media Day in Detroit. I spoke with representatives from every team, including WMU wideout Jamarko Simmons on this season's CMU/WMU showdown and even Kent State tailback Eugene Jarvis on this year's video game offering of NCAA 09. There's also around-the-league discussion on quarterback Dan LeFevour and what each team's doing in preparation for the 2008 season.

In the meantime, though, thank you for stopping by and I hope you check here periodically for the latest on CMU and MAC football!

No comments: