Monday, August 11, 2008

Sports Illustrated's College Football Preview

I meant to update with this a few days ago, but I'm a busy person and all.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/ncaa/specials/preview/2008/08/05/rankings0811/index.html?eref=T1

I never got a chance to check out a more in-depth SI preview, but I found this to be interesting: CMU is ranked #57. Other notable rankings:

#54: Michigan. Only three spots ahead? People really don't have too much faith in Rich Rodriguez's freshman season with the Wolverines. With everythin that's transpired, I guess it isn't a big surprise.
#59: Purdue. On the other side, we have the Boilermakers ranked two spots behind the Chippewas. This might be a little bit of a stretch with Curtis Painter returning at QB, but we'll see.
#65: Bowling Green. The next-best MAC team. Ball State is #67.
#82: Indiana. This one, I don't know about, even for a low-tier Big Ten team.

I'll try to update more often with more preview coverage from other media outlets. I know ESPN's started theirs a week or so ago.

No comments: