Saturday, October 11, 2008

CMU-Temple: Pregame Notes

MOUNT PLEASANT, Mich. - I don't think anybody could have asked for better weather, and that's saying a lot considering we're in Michigan. For mid-October in this state, it feels like July! That's really the only drawback of writing sports - when you cover a football team, sometimes you'd rather enjoy the weather than sit in a press box working!

Good thing is, I'll get a chance to take some photos for a quarter or two of this game, so that'll even things out on my end. Homecoming at CMU is looking packed, as usual. I actually had to go around the stadium to get to my parking lot this time because of how packed it was. But with it being so nice outside, I'm not surprised at how many people are coming out. It's an excellent day for football.

Two quick notes to point out:

  • Quarterback Dan LeFevour is 85 yards of total offense away from 10,000 for his career. Barring any injury or suffocating Temple defense, he should easily get that today. We'll also update you on other milestone numbers that are attained in this game and throughout the season
  • Toledo 13, Michigan 10. Not quite sure what to make of that one- I got to watch some of it and the Wolverines, again, looked extremely sluggish while Toledo played very strong on defense. I'll analyze this game more this weekend.

    There's very little to update on here, other than that- I'm going to have halftime notes up, as long as the internet cooperates in the press box, and be sure to stay tuned after the game as well for some extra postgame notes!

No comments: