Saturday, October 18, 2008

Central/Western: NCAA 09's Pick

It's approximately 9:15 on Saturday morning right now, and while I haven't been over to Kelly/Shorts just yet, I can already tell you the parking lots are absolutely packed there right now. I live about one mile away from the stadium and I could still hear tailgaters when I stepped outside for a moment. It was never that loud in the previous three games when I left my apartment about an hour and a half before kickoff... and we're about three hours away right now!

If you plan on going to the game, and you're a student or a local, I suggest walking, to be quite honest. Get some of that air in. It's very nice, albeit a little cold.

As for the NCAA 09 pick, if you're a CMU fan, you're not going to like it.

WESTERN MICHIGAN 32, CENTRAL MICHIGAN 27

I have Western leading most of the game with Central winning it in the end; the game predicted virtually the opposite of that. CMU held a 14-6 lead at halftime, but WMU scored 16 points in the third quarter to take a 22-14 lead and eventually held onto the win. The Broncos racked up 486 yards of offense to CMU's 384. At least it was hardfought to the end, much like what everybody else is predicting.

I plan on getting to the stadium pretty soon, actually. I want to set up shop early and take the sights in. Thankfully, I have a press pass to the north lot, so parking shouldn't be a problem... I'll make sure to update one more time before kickoff, so stay tuned if you're near a computer at all!

3 comments:

nashchip said...

Keep those posts coming Brian. Some of us can't be there and will only be listening to radio over the web. Good work. Fir Up CHIPS!!

nashchip said...

Great work Brian. Keep the info coming.

nashchip said...

Keep the comments coming Brian. Fir up Chips!!!